Friday, April 23, 2010

The Queen


Princess isn't exactly one of the words I would use to describe Kallie.  Although she's the "baby" of the kids (if birth order has anything to do with it at all, let alone when you're born on the same day, just minutes apart), she acts like the first born.  She has the biggest heart, can be a total cuddly love-bug, and she often mothers Timmy and Emma (one of her nicknames is Lil' Mama).  BUT make no ifs, ands, or buts about it, she is also demanding and bossy, strong willed, and wildly independent.  And she has always seemed like an adult stuck in a little body.  I can remember when we first brought the babies home, Kallie would open her eyes and look at me with an expression that said, "YOOUUUU are my mom?! Oh brother......(sigh)" as she'd close her eyes and fall back to sleep.  She's always been a little bit of a challenge for me and every once in a while I have to remind her who is in charge (it doesn't hurt to remind myself either...it can be easy to forget when you're being bossed around by three 2 yr olds. on a daily basis).  And if she didn't already act old enough, she has recently started calling me "mom."  MOM....really???  Already???  I waited my whole life to be called Mommy, and all I got was 2 and a half years???  I keep telling her my name is Mommy, but she continues to call me Mom.  I almost think she sees what it does to me and likes the "power" she has.  Nope, this little girl is no princess...she's something more of a queen.  And the queen did not like having her picture taken on the potty!  Can't say I blame her :)

No comments: