Saturday, June 26, 2010

MAUI Day 1 - MAUI IS ON FIRE...LITERALLY!

So I'm going to break this up into days so it isn't so overwhelming for me...and so that I don't want to procrastinate on writing it anymore than I already have!  Have we really been back for almost two weeks?! Ugh....

Day 1 is simple....it looked like this....

We arrived on the island (the kids did so well on the plane; I really was worried for nothing) and headed to our hotel....only to be stopped by this!  A huge forest fire burning on the island and because of it, they weren't letting traffic through to the west side.  LUCKILY, Kami was with us and she happened to be staying on the south side in Kehei, so we all headed to her place and stayed there for the night...yep, all 11 of us....in one place!  Needless to say, it wasn't the way I pictured kicking off our vacation, but it is what it is, and I honestly don't know why I have yet to learn that rarely does anything in my life happen according to plan :)

No comments: