Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Kallie had a little lamb....

Little lamb, little lamb,

Kallie had a little lamb,

It's fleece was white as snow.

And everywhere that Kallie went,

Kallie went, Kallie went,

Everywhere that Kallie went,

LambChop was sure to go.

To make a long story short (because today has been a long day), Lambchop is lost, people!  We ran a few errands yesterday (LC came along) and we didn't notice until bedtime that she was nowhere to be found.  Needless to say, I have since been to the post office, the grocery store, and my parents house several times to search for her.  I'm sure all of the people at the Post Office and Grocery store think I'm crazy...if not the first time I called and came in asking about a stuffed animal, then certainly the second or third (I made Tim go in tonight as to save myself some embarrassment).  I even left my name and number with them....just in case.   Just in case they come across her...or someone else comes across her and instead of seeing a raggedly ol' stuffed animal and tossing her in the trash, they see a VERY LOVED stuffed animal and turn her in.  I told Tim that I feel like posting flyers around the places I think she could be (ya know, like when people lose their cat or dog)...maybe even run an add in the paper - "LOST - Small dirty white lamb.  Approximately 12" tall.   1.2 pounds.  Shy, but friendly.  Responds to the name LambChop or LC."  We'll find her best picture to use and maybe even offer a little reward for finding her or any tips that lead to her safe return home.  I'll stop short of calling the police and filing a missing persons report!  I'm not THAT crazy!!!  But seriously, I've looked in parking lots, torn the van apart, as well as our house, and Tim and I may, or may not have, checked out the dumpsters behind Food Maxx :/  I am SO sad!  Lambchop is like a member of our family, and I'm not even being funny right now.  She comes with us everywhere....vacations, camping...
(she gets her own smore ;)

Pumpking patches...

EVERYWHERE!!!

We have driven across town at bedtime to get her when we've left her at grandma and grandpa's on accident; we talk to her, and about her, like a person (obviously); we even take camwow pictures of her (if you have an iPhone or an ipod and you don't know what camwow is, I highly recommend it...so funny!  The kids love it and we all laugh so hard taking pictures of ourselves and each other).

I know some of you might not understand, but my heart felt like it was breaking today...driving around looking for LambChop, eventually realizing that we were most likely not going to find her and that we wouldn't see her again.  Yes, I know we can order a new one (already done), but it's not the same.  I wanted to save LambChop to show Kallie later - "This was your lovie!"  This new Jelly Cat Bashful Lamb that's on her way to our house right now might look like LambChop (well, like she used to anyway), but she isn't the same LambChop that Kallie has been going to sleep with every night...the one that she rubs in between her fingers and on her cheeks when she's tired.  It will be nice and soft and fluffy.....Lambchop is anything but after three and a half years of a lot of love and a lot of washings! The original LC can't be replaced.  That's why I'm still holding out hope (as small as it may be) that she turns up somewhere.  It could happen, right???!  Please let it happen....we miss you LambChop!!!  

5 comments:

Ami said...

OMG Darcy!! My heart breaks for you and Kallie!! It really does! And I'm sure all mothers have been in your shoes! We recently lost Hunter's "Woobie" (her equivalent of LC) and Brian and I were calling EVERYone we knew. And you know what? It DID turn up. So I for one, am holding out hope that you find Lambchop!

Kelly Krewson said...

My heart is breaking for Kallie. My middle daughter had a Care Bear from the time she was a baby. He is hidden away in a closet to stay safe now that she is no longer living at home. She actually asked for him and I told a little fib saying I don't know where he is. I fear her losing him since she lives in a new place every other week! I still have my very first teddy bear from when I was born. I hope with all my heart that LC shows up somewhere! I think all parents should get address labels sewn onto those special blankets and stuffed animals "If lost please return to: ___ " I say go for it and make up signs to hang everywhere you were yesterday!!

The Alexanders said...

I will keep my fingers crossed that you find LC. Our boys each have a special thing too...we have duplicates of all of them thinking we would keep switching them out to wash and in case one got lost...but now they have all the duplicates and instead of going around with one scortchie...we travel with 4! hahaha. Anyways I really hope that LC shows up...let us all know if she does :)

Anabelle said...

OH! I'm in tears reading about Lampchop. My son has Papi that we have gone to the ends of the earth for too. These lovies become a part of our family. I do hope you find her.

PS I'm a friend of Ami's and started reading your blog from hers. :)

Jess - This is Worthwhile said...

Oh GAWD. If Hawk lost his blankie all hell would break loose and when I say "blankie" I use the term loosely. It's actually his first sleep sack ever. When he was a few months old and just barely crawling he crawled across the floor and pulled it out of a dirty clothes pile. They haven't been separated since.

However, I have no documentation of this since a grey-ish yellow SLEEP SAC is no where near as awesome as a love-worn lamb.

My fingers are crossed you guys find her!!

PS: haha my word verification is "suckcat" hahahaha