Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside!!!

I love that song from The Elf.  I mean I know it's not originally from The Elf, but whenever I hear it, I think of The Elf...where Jovie is singing in the shower and Buddy is sitting on the counter singing with her.  Until she realizes he's there and tells him to get out...and then he runs into the wall.  I love that part!  Ok, now I'm just rambling...  But seriously...it was freezing!  I think when we arrived at the cabin (not our cabin...that sounded like I was saying it's our cabin....it's just a cabin we use occasionally), it was about 18 degrees!  I know it gets a lot colder some places, but 18 degrees is cold enough for me!  And in typical fashion, our trip to the snow didn't quite go as planned (if I had a nickel for every time I've said that...).  Emma threw up the first night (luckily, although not for me, 99.9% of it was in my hands so at least I didn't have to wake everybody by turning on the lights to clean the bed and carpet).  Her and Timmy complained the rest of the trip, "My tummy doesn't feel good today."  And Tim caught another round of the cold we can't seem to get rid of!  BUT we still managed to have some fun!!!

Timmy, Emma, and Kallie    

Lots of snow for.... 

Throwing snowballs...

And making snow angels :)

Emma

Kallie

This sled didn't work very well down the hill, but we put it to good use in the street...


Daddy pulling Kallie up the street...

And pushing her down....

The icicles were huge!


Itty-Bitty-Pretty Emma



Sweetest and snuggliest (is that a word?) little boy...ever!!!



Cutie-Patootie Kallie :)

 Mommy and Kallie

Now let's talk about the sledding.....

This is how mommy sleds...

This is how Daddy sleds...
He puts the kids on his back, gets a running start, and jumps on the sled/slope while the kids hang on for dear life!  I almost had a heart attack the first time I saw him do it!!!

But the kids LOVED it!  

I much preferred them going down alone! :)





Kallie taking an icicle break...

 A rare picture of Mommy AND
 Daddy...

And an even rarer shot of all of us together...

Hopefully we can make it back to the snow again....this time without throw-up, sick tummies and a cold! ;) 


2 comments:

Ami said...

That looks like so much fun! (And I can totally see my husband attempting the same "style" of sledding with the kids!" And the photos of you and the kids are awesome!

The Alexanders said...

I Love your family shot...always a bonus when there is someone around to take a picture and you guys both have empty hands so you are able to wrangle all the kids!!!