Friday, November 12, 2010

It's a good thing!

The kids have always been good sleepers.  They started sleeping through the night a few months after we brought them home from the hospital and we've never looked back.  For the most part, we've been able to just put them in their cribs (yes, they're still in cribs) and they go to sleep on their own....until lately!  Timmy NEVER wants to go to bed (well none of them do, but Timmy puts up the most fight)!  He repeatedly asks (and sometimes demands) to, "Lay daddy's bed!"  When that doesn't work, he moves onto other tactics - "I want ice water."  "I have to go pee pee."  And my favorite, "Lay me long time." He wants me to lay on the floor next to his crib (specially for a long time - lol) and he usually reaches his little arm out between the slats to hold hands.  It's very cute, but a little frustrating...it's becoming so hard, and time consuming, to get him to go to sleep!  And now he often wakes up in the middle of the night requesting, "Lay daddy's bed...please lay daddy's bed." "Lay me, mommy."  Last night this went on forever....ok it was only a couple of hours, but a couple hours in the middle of the night feels like forever.  I was so tired and all I wanted to do was go to sleep, yet it's so hard sometimes to ignore his repeated pleas...especially once the crying starts!  One part of me gets completely frustrated and just wants to sleep, and the other part of me wants to go scoop him up and cuddle him while I still can!  Either way, it's hard....and it's a good thing I love this little guy and think he's so cute, because otherwise I might hold it against him today ;)
    

No comments: