Friday, January 1, 2010

Resolution Revision (yes...already)!

Does anyone notice that ALL of my posts are dated January 1st?! Ugh....

I wanted to delete the published posts off of my dashboard (I'm not even sure if that's what it's called - I'm new to all of this). I have this "thing" with "stuff" in my folders...I hate old emails sitting in my inbox, I hate old texts on my phone, and I didn't like all of those already published posts sitting there cluttering things up! I think I have these issues because my real life is so chaotic and unorganized...I can't keep the toys off the floor, the kids clean for more than 2 minutes, or the piles of laundry from constantly forming, but I can manage to keep my "cyber world" clean and organized....I can delete old mail and keep things from "piling up" on the computer. And somehow that makes me feel a tiny bit better! So I started to delete my published posts....and then realized they were GONE from my blog page :/ and I had NO idea how to get them back. IF it were left up to me, I would have NEVER got them back, but luckily Tim found them (you're the BEST, Tim :) So once I got the deleted posts back, I had to repost them...but then they were out of order - the older posts that I had to republish were posting after more recent posts (are ya still with me?) and THAT BUGS ME!!! So I pretty much deleted everything and started all over again. It still bugs me that all of the post dates are now Jan. 1st, but it bugs me A LOT less than all of my posts being out of order! I'm sure there is a much simpler way of doing all this, that requires less copying/cutting and pasting and a lot less time, maybe even being able to be published with original post dates....but I have NO idea how to do it. Which brings me to my resolution revision for 2010; it's really more of an addition.....

Learn how to use the computer!!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

If you remember the dates (or thereabout dates) you CAN change them.

Click on the post you want to edit and in the lower left corner (above the PUBLISH POST button) is a blue link that says Post Options. Click on that and on the right you'll see "Post date and time." You can change it to anything you want, even a date in the future and it'll show up as a "scheduled" post in your dashboard and post whenever you say so. :)