Sunday, January 31, 2010

I can't remember...

I don't know when it happened...

I can't remember the exact moment or even the day, but somehow my baby became a little boy.

It's happening to all the kids...they're growing up WAAAY too fast, and right before my eyes. But I've noticed it more with Timmy lately...maybe it's because he has always seemed the most baby-ish of the three kids and he's recently begun to exert his independence - I can't count how many times I hear the word NO in a 24hr. period. There are different variations...there's, "No no, Mommy!" and "No, Mommy, no!" and just the simple, yet very effective, "NnnnnO!!!" The last is accompanied by the sign for "no" and the cutest serious face I have ever seen! You see, Timmy used to be MINE..he always sat on my lap; he followed me around like my shadow; he used to say my name over and over and over....but now he's traded in his rattle for a train; he wants to buckle his own car seat and get out of the van by himself; he loves to tinker with things, is obsessed with electronics, and he knows how to use my iPhone better than I do (no, seriously...he can turn on, unlock, go through apps, play games and even start movies on my phone all by himself); he doesn't come running after me all the time (most of the time, it's Daddy he wants now), he doesn't fit on my lap the way he used to, and I can't hold him like a baby anymore, although I keep trying.

I don't know when it happened...

I can't remember the exact moment or even the day, but somehow my baby became a little boy.


No comments: